Much needed update

Hello friends and family. Sorry for the delay in Elijah’s updates, but as parents you know how that is. Where shall I start? Elijah is now 5 weeks old and getting longer and a little chunkier. Saturday, he was in the kitchen with me sitting in his bouncer chair and he babbled “heh” twice. He has gradually added more grunts and coos this weekend. He is starting to talk to us. He is smiling tons, especially when we look at him and smile. He still only sleeping 3-4 hours a night, sometimes 5 if I can push it. :) He doesnt like to lay down so much, he would rather sit up in our arms. I got the day off for my birthday on the 14th so I got to spend an extra day with my “little monkey bug.” He likes to make all kinds of faces, even more so when he is sleeping and dreaming. In 3 more weeks he goes for his 2 month check up and that will be the next time I get to a little more time with him during the day.

Last Wednesday my mom came over and watched him all day. I know she loved it and I did too. She did my laundry and dishes for me. I got to go home and feed and cuddle him. Then Fan watched him for half the day before going to his moms so she could watch him. Again I got to see him at lunch too.

For those who don’t know I had to go back to work on the 3rd of this month. BIG bummer, but financially I couldnt be off with out pay. I try to think and look for ways I can stay at home, but still bring in money. Any ideas, let me know. A telecommuting job for some company would be great too. My days at OBU as the exec. secretary to the president are filled with reading the newspaper and trying to find something to do or at least make myself look busy. It has been like this since our president retired in November. What is even more sad is that my boss doesnt even have things for me to do. Sucks I know. So leaving Elijah everyday is hard and getting harder because all I can do at work think about him, what he doing, how he doing and how much I need another job wither to keep me busy or to be able to see him more or both. I know every one says “It’ll get better or easier” I think that is BS as far as it is concerning my job. Maybe if I had more to do then it would get easier, but right now.... no. Look for pictures, hopefully, by tomorrow or Thursday.

Love you all.

Kisses and Hugs from us.

0 comments: