Survival of Night # 1

Ok, since Fan has night shift (and after sssooooo much thought and reading and talking to Jackie & Kristie) I started to let Eli cry himself back to sleep at night (oh so hard for me) rather than going picking him up and rocking him back to sleep. You can bet he sure did cry and it was hard for me to do, but after I checked on him at 4:30 a.m. he cried some more and then he passed out around 5:00ish. I set my alarm to go off at 5:30 so I can feed him in my bed while I go back to sleep. When I went to pick him up out of his bed he held on to me so tight didnt let go until I laid him in my bed with me. But you know how he rolls over and wakes himself up, well I put socks on him so now his feet just slide instead of turning him over. LOL, mean I know, but it worked. So now hopefully by the time Fan is off night shift (Tuesday night) then Wednesday night we shouldn’t have to wake up at all in the middle of the night. I feel rested this morning, but I also feel like a meany for letting him cry it out. This morning he just stared at me for the longest time before smiling at me. Then I stood up at one point and he reached out to me. My poor baby boy, I love him so much and I hope I can make it through tonight.

Stay tuned for Survival of night 2.

0 comments: